我兒,你要遵守我的言語,將我的命令存記在心。
My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you;
我兒,你要遵守我的言語,將我的命令存記在心。
My son, keep my words and treasure up my commandments with you;
遵守我的命令就得存活;保守我的法則〔或作「指教」〕,好像保守眼中的瞳人,
keep my commandments and live; keep my teaching as the apple of your eye;
繫在你指頭上,刻在你心版上。
bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.
對智慧說:你是我的姊妹,稱呼聰明為你的親人,
Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,” and call insight your intimate friend,
她就保你遠離淫婦,遠離說諂媚話的外女。
to keep you from the forbidden woman, from the adulteress with her smooth words.
我曾在我房屋的窗戶內,從我窗欞之間往外觀看:
For at the window of my house I have looked out through my lattice,
見愚蒙人內,少年人中,分明有一個無知的少年人,
and I have seen among the simple, I have perceived among the youths, a young man lacking sense,
從街上經過,走近淫婦的巷口,直往通她家的路去,
passing along the street near her corner, taking the road to her house
在黃昏,或晚上,或半夜,或黑暗之中。
in the twilight, in the evening, at the time of night and darkness.
看哪,有一個婦人來迎接他,是妓女的打扮,有詭詐的心思。
And behold, the woman meets him, dressed as a prostitute, wily of heart.
這婦人喧嚷,不守約束,在家裏停不住腳,
She is loud and wayward; her feet do not stay at home;
有時在街市上,有時在寬闊處,或在各巷口蹲伏,
now in the street, now in the market, and at every corner she lies in wait.
拉住那少年人,與他親嘴,臉無羞恥對他說:
She seizes him and kisses him, and with bold face she says to him,
平安祭在我這裏,今日才還了我所許的願。
“I had to offer sacrifices, and today I have paid my vows;
因此,我出來迎接你,懇切求見你的面,恰巧遇見了你。
so now I have come out to meet you, to seek you eagerly, and I have found you.
我已經用繡花毯子和
I have spread my couch with coverings, colored linens from Egyptian linen;
我又用沒藥、沉香、桂皮薰了我的榻。
I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.
你來,我們可以飽享愛情,直到早晨;我們可以彼此親愛歡樂。
Come, let us take our fill of love till morning; let us delight ourselves with love.
因為我丈夫不在家,出門行遠路;
For my husband is not at home; he has gone on a long journey;
他手拿銀囊,必到月望才回家。
he took a bag of money with him; at full moon he will come home.”
淫婦用許多巧言誘他隨從,用諂媚的嘴逼他同行。
With much seductive speech she persuades him; with her smooth talk she compels him.
少年人立刻跟隨她,好像牛往宰殺之地;又像愚昧人帶鎖鍊去受刑罰,
All at once he follows her, as an ox goes to the slaughter, or as a stag is caught fast
直等箭穿他的肝;如同雀鳥急入網羅,卻不知是自喪己命。
till an arrow pierces its liver; as a bird rushes into a snare; he does not know that it will cost him his life.
眾子啊,現在要聽從我,留心聽我口中的話。
And now, O sons, listen to me, and be attentive to the words of my mouth.
你的心不可偏向淫婦的道,不要入她的迷途。
Let not your heart turn aside to her ways; do not stray into her paths,
因為,被她傷害仆倒的不少;被她殺戮的而且甚多。
for many a victim has she laid low, and all her slain are a mighty throng.
她的家是在陰間之路,下到死亡之宮。
Her house is the way to Sheol, going down to the chambers of death.