Then Zophar the Naamathite answered and said:
Then Zophar the Naamathite answered and said:
這許多的言語豈不該回答嗎?多嘴多舌的人豈可稱為義嗎?
“Should a multitude of words go unanswered, and a man full of talk be judged right?
你誇大的話豈能使人不作聲嗎?你戲笑的時候豈沒有人叫你害羞嗎?
Should your babble silence men, and when you mock, shall no one shame you?
你說:我的道理純全;我在你眼前潔淨。
For you say, ‘My doctrine is pure, and I am clean in God's eyes.’
惟願神說話;願他開口攻擊你,
But oh, that God would speak and open his lips to you,
並將智慧的奧祕指示你;他有諸般的智識。所以當知道神追討你比你罪孽該得的還少。
and that he would tell you the secrets of wisdom! For he is manifold in understanding. Know then that God exacts of you less than your guilt deserves.
你考察就能測透神嗎?你豈能盡情測透全能者嗎?
“Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty?
他的智慧高於天,你還能做甚麼?深於陰間,你還能知道甚麼?
It is higher than heaven — what can you do? Deeper than Sheol — what can you know?
其量比地長,比海寬。
Its measure is longer than the earth and broader than the sea.
他若經過,將人拘禁,招人受審,誰能阻擋他呢?
If he passes through and imprisons and summons the court, who can turn him back?
他本知道虛妄的人;人的罪孽,他雖不留意,還是無所不見。
For he knows worthless men; when he sees iniquity, will he not consider it?
空虛的人卻毫無知識;人生在世好像野驢的駒子。
But a stupid man will get understanding when a wild donkey's colt is born a man!
你若將心安正,又向主舉手;
“If you prepare your heart, you will stretch out your hands toward him.
你手裏若有罪孽,就當遠遠地除掉,也不容非義住在你帳棚之中。
If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, and let not injustice dwell in your tents.
那時,你必仰起臉來毫無斑點;你也必堅固,無所懼怕。
Surely then you will lift up your face without blemish; you will be secure and will not fear.
你必忘記你的苦楚,就是想起也如流過去的水一樣。
You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away.
你在世的日子要比正午更明,雖有黑暗仍像早晨。
And your life will be brighter than the noonday; its darkness will be like the morning.
你因有指望就必穩固,也必四圍巡查,坦然安息。
And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security.
你躺臥,無人驚嚇,且有許多人向你求恩。
You will lie down, and none will make you afraid; many will court your favor.
但惡人的眼目必要失明。他們無路可逃;他們的指望就是氣絕。
But the eyes of the wicked will fail; all way of escape will be lost to them, and their hope is to breathe their last.”