你且呼求,有誰答應你?諸聖者之中,你轉向哪一位呢?
“Call now; is there anyone who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn?
你且呼求,有誰答應你?諸聖者之中,你轉向哪一位呢?
“Call now; is there anyone who will answer you? To which of the holy ones will you turn?
忿怒害死愚妄人;嫉妒殺死癡迷人。
Surely vexation kills the fool, and jealousy slays the simple.
我曾見愚妄人扎下根,但我忽然咒詛他的住處。
I have seen the fool taking root, but suddenly I cursed his dwelling.
他的兒女遠離穩妥的地步,在城門口被壓,並無人搭救。
His children are far from safety; they are crushed in the gate, and there is no one to deliver them.
他的莊稼有飢餓的人吃盡了,就是在荊棘裏的也搶去了;他的財寶有網羅張口吞滅了。
The hungry eat his harvest, and he takes it even out of thorns, and the thirsty pant after his wealth.
禍患原不是從土中出來;患難也不是從地裏發生。
For affliction does not come from the dust, nor does trouble sprout from the ground,
人生在世必遇患難,如同火星飛騰。
but man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward.
至於我,我必仰望神,把我的事情託付他。
“As for me, I would seek God, and to God would I commit my cause,
他行大事不可測度,行奇事不可勝數:
who does great things and unsearchable, marvelous things without number:
降雨在地上,賜水於田裏;
he gives rain on the earth and sends waters on the fields;
將卑微的安置在高處,將哀痛的舉到穩妥之地;
he sets on high those who are lowly, and those who mourn are lifted to safety.
破壞狡猾人的計謀,使他們所謀的不得成就。
He frustrates the devices of the crafty, so that their hands achieve no success.
他叫有智慧的中了自己的詭計,使狡詐人的計謀速速滅亡。
He catches the wise in their own craftiness, and the schemes of the wily are brought to a quick end.
他們白晝遇見黑暗,午間摸索如在夜間。
They meet with darkness in the daytime and grope at noonday as in the night.
神拯救窮乏人脫離他們口中的刀和強暴人的手。
But he saves the needy from the sword of their mouth and from the hand of the mighty.
這樣,貧寒的人有指望,罪孽之輩必塞口無言。
So the poor have hope, and injustice shuts her mouth.
神所懲治的人是有福的!所以你不可輕看全能者的管教。
“Behold, blessed is the one whom God reproves; therefore despise not the discipline of the Almighty.
因為他打破,又纏裹;他擊傷,用手醫治。
For he wounds, but he binds up; he shatters, but his hands heal.
你六次遭難,他必救你;就是七次,災禍也無法害你。
He will deliver you from six troubles; in seven no evil shall touch you.
在饑荒中,他必救你脫離死亡;在爭戰中,他必救你脫離刀劍的權力。
In famine he will redeem you from death, and in war from the power of the sword.
你必被隱藏,不受口舌之害;災殃臨到,你也不懼怕。
You shall be hidden from the lash of the tongue, and shall not fear destruction when it comes.
你遇見災害饑饉,就必嬉笑;地上的野獸,你也不懼怕。
At destruction and famine you shall laugh, and shall not fear the beasts of the earth.
因為你必與田間的石頭立約;田裏的野獸也必與你和好。
For you shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with you.
你必知道你帳棚平安,要查看你的羊圈,一無所失;
You shall know that your tent is at peace, and you shall inspect your fold and miss nothing.
也必知道你的後裔將來發達,你的子孫像地上的青草。
You shall know also that your offspring shall be many, and your descendants as the grass of the earth.
你必壽高年邁才歸墳墓,好像禾捆到時收藏。
You shall come to your grave in ripe old age, like a sheaf gathered up in its season.
這理,我們已經考察,本是如此。你須要聽,要知道是與自己有益。
Behold, this we have searched out; it is true. Hear, and know it for your good.”