Then Job answered and said:
Then Job answered and said:
惟願我的煩惱稱一稱,我一切的災害放在天平裏;
“Oh that my vexation were weighed, and all my calamity laid in the balances!
現今都比海沙更重,所以我的言語急躁。
For then it would be heavier than the sand of the sea; therefore my words have been rash.
因全能者的箭射入我身;其毒,我的靈喝盡了;神的驚嚇擺陣攻擊我。
For the arrows of the Almighty are in me; my spirit drinks their poison; the terrors of God are arrayed against me.
野驢有草豈能叫喚?牛有料豈能吼叫?
Does the wild donkey bray when he has grass, or the ox low over his fodder?
物淡而無鹽豈可吃嗎?蛋青有甚麼滋味呢?
Can that which is tasteless be eaten without salt, or is there any taste in the juice of the mallow?
看為可厭的食物,我心不肯挨近。
My appetite refuses to touch them; they are as food that is loathsome to me.
惟願我得著所求的,願神賜我所切望的;
“Oh that I might have my request, and that God would fulfill my hope,
就是願神把我壓碎,伸手將我剪除。
that it would please God to crush me, that he would let loose his hand and cut me off!
我因沒有違棄那聖者的言語,就仍以此為安慰,在不止息的痛苦中還可踴躍。
This would be my comfort; I would even exult in pain unsparing, for I have not denied the words of the Holy One.
我有甚麼氣力使我等候?我有甚麼結局使我忍耐?
What is my strength, that I should wait? And what is my end, that I should be patient?
我的氣力豈是石頭的氣力?我的肉身豈是銅的呢?
Is my strength the strength of stones, or is my flesh bronze?
在我豈不是毫無幫助嗎?智慧豈不是從我心中趕出淨盡嗎?
Have I any help in me, when resource is driven from me?
那將要灰心、離棄全能者、不敬畏神的人,他的朋友當以慈愛待他。
“He who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty.
我的弟兄詭詐,好像溪水,又像溪水流乾的河道。
My brothers are treacherous as a torrent-bed, as torrential streams that pass away,
這河因結冰發黑,有雪藏在其中;
which are dark with ice, and where the snow hides itself.
天氣漸暖就隨時消化,日頭炎熱便從原處乾涸。
When they melt, they disappear; when it is hot, they vanish from their place.
結伴的客旅離棄大道,順河偏行,到荒野之地死亡。
The caravans turn aside from their course; they go up into the waste and perish.
The caravans of Tema look, the travelers of Sheba hope.
他們因失了盼望就抱愧,來到那裏便蒙羞。
They are ashamed because they were confident; they come there and are disappointed.
現在你們正是這樣,看見驚嚇的事便懼怕。
For you have now become nothing; you see my calamity and are afraid.
我豈說:請你們供給我,從你們的財物中送禮物給我?
Have I said, ‘Make me a gift’? Or, ‘From your wealth offer a bribe for me’?
豈說:拯救我脫離敵人的手嗎?救贖我脫離強暴人的手嗎?
Or, ‘Deliver me from the adversary's hand’? Or, ‘Redeem me from the hand of the ruthless’?
請你們教導我,我便不作聲;使我明白在何事上有錯。
“Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray.
正直的言語力量何其大!但你們責備是責備甚麼呢?
How forceful are upright words! But what does reproof from you reprove?
絕望人的講論既然如風,你們還想要駁正言語嗎?
Do you think that you can reprove words, when the speech of a despairing man is wind?
你們想為孤兒拈鬮,以朋友當貨物。
You would even cast lots over the fatherless, and bargain over your friend.
現在請你們看看我,我決不當面說謊。
“But now, be pleased to look at me, for I will not lie to your face.
請你們轉意,不要不公;請再轉意,我的事有理。
Please turn; let no injustice be done. Turn now; my vindication is at stake.
我的舌上豈有不義嗎?我的口裏豈不辨奸惡嗎?
Is there any injustice on my tongue? Cannot my palate discern the cause of calamity?