Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said:
Then Bildad the Shuhite answered and said:
這些話你要說到幾時?口中的言語如狂風要到幾時呢?
“How long will you say these things, and the words of your mouth be a great wind?
神豈能偏離公平?全能者豈能偏離公義?
Does God pervert justice? Or does the Almighty pervert the right?
或者你的兒女得罪了他;他使他們受報應。
If your children have sinned against him, he has delivered them into the hand of their transgression.
你若殷勤地尋求神,向全能者懇求;
If you will seek God and plead with the Almighty for mercy,
你若清潔正直,他必定為你起來,使你公義的居所興旺。
if you are pure and upright, surely then he will rouse himself for you and restore your rightful habitation.
你起初雖然微小,終久必甚發達。
And though your beginning was small, your latter days will be very great.
請你考問前代,追念他們的列祖所查究的。
“For inquire, please, of bygone ages, and consider what the fathers have searched out.
我們不過從昨日才有,一無所知;我們在世的日子好像影兒。
For we are but of yesterday and know nothing, for our days on earth are a shadow.
他們豈不指教你,告訴你,從心裏發出言語來呢?
Will they not teach you and tell you and utter words out of their understanding?
蒲草沒有泥豈能發長?蘆荻沒有水豈能生發?
“Can papyrus grow where there is no marsh? Can reeds flourish where there is no water?
尚青的時候,還沒有割下,比百樣的草先枯槁。
While yet in flower and not cut down, they wither before any other plant.
凡忘記神的人,景況也是這樣;不虔敬人的指望要滅沒。
Such are the paths of all who forget God; the hope of the godless shall perish.
他所仰賴的必折斷;他所倚靠的是蜘蛛網。
His confidence is severed, and his trust is a spider's web.
他要倚靠房屋,房屋卻站立不住;他要抓住房屋,房屋卻不能存留。
He leans against his house, but it does not stand; he lays hold of it, but it does not endure.
他在日光之下發青,蔓子爬滿了園子;
He is a lush plant before the sun, and his shoots spread over his garden.
他的根盤繞石堆,扎入石地。
His roots entwine the stone heap; he looks upon a house of stones.
他若從本地被拔出,那地就不認識他,說:我沒有見過你。
If he is destroyed from his place, then it will deny him, saying, ‘I have never seen you.’
看哪,這就是他道中之樂;以後必另有人從地而生。
Behold, this is the joy of his way, and out of the soil others will spring.
神必不丟棄完全人,也不扶助邪惡人。
“Behold, God will not reject a blameless man, nor take the hand of evildoers.
他還要以喜笑充滿你的口,以歡呼充滿你的嘴。
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting.
恨惡你的要披戴慚愧;惡人的帳棚必歸於無有。
Those who hate you will be clothed with shame, and the tent of the wicked will be no more.”